Sintra's Travesseiros recipe - All About Portugal
Sintra’s Travesseiros recipe will allow you to enjoy the famed pastry of at home if you don’t have the chance to spend one day in Sintra.
Sintra's Travesseiros recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 400 g of frozen puff pastry
- 100 ml of water
- 300 g of sugar
- 150 g of crushed almonds without the skin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 yolks
- Flour and sugar to sprinkle
- Unfreeze the puff pastry.
- Meanwhile mix the water and the sugar and cook them until you get syrup. With a fork mix the almonds, the cinnamon and the yolks with the a.m. syrup. Keep stirring until you get a cream then remove the mixture from the cooker and let it cool.
- Turn the oven on (200ºC). Cut the puff pastry into rectangles and spread the cream on them. Fold the pastry rectangles, shaping the travesseiros.
- Press the edges and place the cakes on a baking tray, sprinkled with flour. Let them bake for 35 minutes. Remove them from the oven, sprinkle them with sugar and enjoy them.