Sintra's Travesseiros recipe - All About Portugal
Sintra’s Travesseiros recipe will allow you to enjoy the famed pastry of at home if you don’t have the chance to spend one day in Sintra.
- 400 g of frozen puff pastry
- 100 ml of water
- 300 g of sugar
- 150 g of crushed almonds without the skin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 yolks
- Flour and sugar to sprinkle
- Unfreeze the puff pastry.
- Meanwhile mix the water and the sugar and cook them until you get syrup. With a fork mix the almonds, the cinnamon and the yolks with the a.m. syrup. Keep stirring until you get a cream then remove the mixture from the cooker and let it cool.
- Turn the oven on (200ºC). Cut the puff pastry into rectangles and spread the cream on them. Fold the pastry rectangles, shaping the travesseiros.
- Press the edges and place the cakes on a baking tray, sprinkled with flour. Let them bake for 35 minutes. Remove them from the oven, sprinkle them with sugar and enjoy them.