Our deal: no waves, come back for free
Our deal: no waves, come back for free is a campaign of Turismo de Portugal to compensate surfers who don’t find perfect waves during their stay in Portugal
“Our deal: no waves, come back for free” is a campaign of Tourism of Portugal for surfers who came to Portugal and “due to some mysterious reason” don’t get waves to surf. The campaign echoed on the Portuguese newspapers like Público.
“Our deal: no waves, come back for free” offer
The Portuguese waves are famed. Surfers from all over the world come to Portugal attracted by spots like Supertubos, Ribeira d’Ilhas or Coxos beaches. And Turismo of Portugal doesn’t want them to be disappointed. Thus, the campaign “Our deal: no waves, come back for free” was thought to compensate all who come for surfing and don’t find waves with at least half meter high for three consecutive days on any of the 28 surf spots listed below. The absence of waves must be proved with videos, photos or forecasts. Of course, we Portuguese believe that this absence could only occur on a whim of the gods!
Surf spots on the Our deal: no waves, come back for free campaign
- Espinho / Praia de Espinho
- Matosinhos – Matosinhos beach
- Aveiro – Barra beach
- Peniche – Supertubos beach
- Peniche – Pico da Mota beach
- Peniche – Almagreira beach
- Peniche – Cantinho da Baía beach
- Nazaré – Nazaré beach
- Ericeira – Ribeira d’Ilhas beach
- Ericeira – Coxos beach
- Ericeira – Foz do Lizandro beach
- Sintra – Praia Grande beach
- Cascais – Guincho beach
- Cascais – Carcavelos beach
- Estoril – São Pedro do Estoril beach
- Costa de Caparica – CDS beach
- Figueira da Foz – Buarcos beach
- Sines – Porto Côvo beach
- Sines – São Torpes beach
- Sines – Aivados beach
- Odemira – Malhão beach
- Aljezur – Arrifana beach
- Aljezur – Carrapateira beach
- Vila do Bispo – Cordoama beach
- Sagres – Beliche beach
- Lagos – Praia da Luz beach
- Tavira – Ilha de Tavira beach
The campaign “Our deal: no waves, come back for free” has a few other conditions. To apply to this offer surfers need to visit Portugal between October 2012 and December 2012 and stay for at least four full days.
The comeback package
The comeback package of the “Our deal: no waves, come back for free” includes a new plane ticket and a new hotel stay. Be aware that the hotel will be the same you have chosen for the first visit, so keep all the invoices.
Be sure to visit “Our deal: no waves, come back for free” to find all information on this campaign. Let me just remind you that it was in Portugal, in Nazaré, that Garrett McNamara surfed the biggest wave ever!
- Main Image Photo by Galeria de carvegrapics