Duck with Orange and Port wine recipe
The duck with Orange and Port wine recipe is the perfect dish to serve when having friends or family for dinner as it is a tasty and exquisite gastronomic option.
The duck with orange and Port wine recipe brings you three main ingredients, namely duck, orange and Port wine that combine perfectly, balancing each other’s tastes.
Even though not so commonly used as other meats, duck is both tasty and nutritious. Highly appreciated in Asia, it has been enjoyed for centuries. In fact, ducks have been domesticated for food for at least 4.000 years. And let me add that the famed Pekin duck dates back to the time of the Yuan dynasty in China.
- 1 duck (2.4 kg)
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ orange sliced with the peel
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 oranges (Juice)
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1dl Port wine
- 2 tsp. honey
- 300 g grapes
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven at 180ºC. On a cup mix the garlic, the onion, the thyme and the ½ orange. Season with salt and pepper and stuff the duck with this mixture.
- Place the duck on tray and spread it with the butter. Cook it on the oven for about 45 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix the orange juice with the honey, the star anise, the cinnamon stick and the Port wine. Boil this sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the duck with half of the sauce and let it roast for another 20 minutes. Add the grapes to the tray as well as the other half of the sauce and let it cook for 55 minutes. Finally, you may serve the Duck with Orange and Port wine recipe.