Codfish with chestnuts recipe
Codfish with chestnuts is a recipe that gathers two traditional ingredients of the Portuguese gastronomy resulting in a magnificent outcome.
The recipe codfish with chestnuts combines two delicious ingredients that are common used on the Portuguese gastronomy.
The chestnuts are rich in mineral salts, namely phosphorus, calcium and iron. Besides, they are also a reasonable source of Vitamin B1.
- 4 codfish steaks
- 0,5 l milk
- 0,5 kg of frozen chestnuts
- 600 g of small potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dl of olive oil
- 1 bunch of cabbage shoot
- salt and pepper
- Leave the cod to soak in the milk for 48 hours, placing it in the fridge. Then boile the chestnuts and let them cook for a few minutes. Drain them and place them on a tray.
- Add the codfish, the potatoes, the garlic cloves, the bay leaves to the chestnuts and add the olive oil. Bake for about 25 minutes at 180º C.
- Boile the cabbage shoot, drain and reserve them.
- Take the tray from the oven and place all the ingredients on a serving plate. Spread the olive oil on the plate and serve the codfish with chestnuts recipe.