Carne de porco à Alentejana recipe
Carne de porco à Alentejana, one of the most delicious dishes of the Alentejo region. This recipe is highly appreciated for combining pork meat and clams.
Carne de porco à Alentejana is one of my favourite Portuguese recipes as it combines the amazing tastes of pork meat with clams. This is also one of the most iconic dishes of the Alentejo region, which gastronomy is famed for being strong and highly season.
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300 ml white wine
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 650 g boned pork loin
- 650 g small clams
- 25 g of lard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ bunch coriander (chopped)
- 650 g of potatoes (pealed and cuted in small cubes)
- 12 black olives without stone
- 4 tbsp chopped pickles
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Cooking oil
- Cut the pork meat into 2.5 cm dice. Mix the paprika with the wine and half the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the pork and marinate for 5 hours.
- Rinse the clams in several changes of water and then keep them cool until needed.
- Take the pork out of the marinade, reserving the last. In a frying pan heat the lard with the olive oil, along with the onion, the remaining garlic and the parsley. Cook until tender.
- Add the pork meat to the frying pan along with the marinade and the tomato puree. Cover the sauce pan and let the meat cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the potatoes’ cubes in oil and placed them in cooking paper to eliminate the excessive grease. Season with salt.
- Raise the heat of the frying pan and add the clams as well as the potatoes, the olives and the pickles. Let it cook for about 3 minutes until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that remain closed. Take the pan off the heat and scattered with the coriander before serving this Carne de Porco à Alentejana recipe.
To Preparation Time you need to add the 5 hours to marinade the meat.