Ameijoas Bulhao Pato (clams) recipe
Bulhão Pato clams recipe is one of the most appreciated Portuguese seafood dishes. it is usually served as an appetiser or at the end of a lovely beach day.
Ameijoas Bulhao Pato (clams) recipe is one of the most appreciated Portuguese seafood dishes, usually served as appetiser at restaurants or at the end of a beach day. It goes well with a refreshing draft beer or a “imperial” as we call it here in Portugal.
- 1 kg clams
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 dl olive oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Wash carefully the clams under running water. In a pan fry the garlic cloves on the olive oil.
- Add the aromatic herbs, previously shopped, along with the clams. Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes, until the clams have opened. Remove all the closed clams, for they are not proper for consumption.
- Add the wine and let it cook for about five more minutes. Finally serve this Bulhão Pato clams recipe with a magnificent Portuguese bread so you may enjoy the sauce.